- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Open Continuously
NON APPROPRIATED FUND
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER #19-004
LOCATION OF POSITION: Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Department, Corry Bowling Center, Corry Station, Pensacola, FL
OPENING DATE: 01/11/19
CLOSING DATE: Open Continuous
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Flexible (May be scheduled to work up to 40 hours weekly. May be required to work some evening and/or rotating weekend shifts and holidays. Group benefits not included.)
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Applications will be accepted from all sources.
DUTIES: Operates a limited service bar such as portable bars for private parties and banquets. Mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, receives and records payment at time of sale, and maintains inventory of stock. Ensures bar is in a presentable and sanitary condition. Performs other related duties as required. Must meet minimum age requirement.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Must walk or stand for prolonged periods of time. Frequently handles objects weighing up to 20 lbs., and occasionally objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge and skill to mix and serve beverages from a bar which is limited to a few varieties and brands of liquor, soda, beer and wine. Pre-mixed beverages, such as daiquiris, are served; however, beverages of the exotic variety are not mixed or served. Knowledge of the correct proportions and mixtures to use in preparing beverages according to name request from patrons or cocktail attendants. Ability to recognize intoxicated or unruly patrons and to resolve the problem or seek assistance if needed. Ability to collect tabs or chits in appropriate amounts and reconcile them with the quantities and prices of items dispensed.
NOTE: As a condition of employment, selectee(s) will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer within the first 30 days of employment. This is the DOD standard method of payment of personnel. Employees will be subject to administrative action for failure to enroll unless a waiver has been obtained.
The Department of the Navy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factor. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, contact the NAF Personnel Office that is collecting applications. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case by case basis.
TO SUBMIT BY MAIL : MWR NAF Personnel Office,
150 Hase Rd. Bldg. 3249,
NAS Pensacola, FL 32508 OR…
FAX: (850) 452-3592 (DSN) 459-3592 OR… EMAIL: NASP_NAFPers@NAVY.MIL
(1) Submit a resume to NASP_NAFPers@navy.mil. The position title and number of this vacancy announcement should be shown at the top of the resume.
(2) Present/former NAF employees submit a copy of your last two annual appraisals.
(3) College transcripts required if education is to be substituted for experience.
IT IS AGAINST FEDERAL REGULATIONS TO MAIL APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT IN OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT POSTAGE-PAID ENVELOPES.
1. Re-employment Priority List (RPL): Qualifying separated employees shall have priority placement in the NAF activity from which they were separated as a result of a Business Based Action (BBA), when the position has substantially the same duties as the position from which they were separated and it is not a higher grade or employment category, provided the position is not being filled by an internal candidate.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit a copy of your BBA Separation
- Notification indicating eligibility for RPL.
2. Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Qualifying spouses eligible for MSP are spouses of an active duty military member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The marriage must have occurred before the military member received official permanent change of station (PCS) orders to the installation listed above. MSP is applicable only when applying for NAF positions at the NF-03 and below and equivalent craft and trade (CT) positions.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit sponsor’s PCS orders to installation you are applying for; AND
- If you are not indicated as a spouse on the PCS orders, you MUST submit proof of marriage prior to PCS.
3. Veteran’s Preference/Gold Star Veteran's Preference: Qualifying military veterans, and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified. Preference applicable for positions open to external candidates.
To claim Veteran's preference, you MUST:
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 copy); AND
- Submit completed SF15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc)
To claim Gold Star Veteran's preference, you MUST:
- Submit completed SF-15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
- Submit a legible copy of DD-1300; AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc).
Qualifying applicants with preferences are considered in the order listed above. Then all other qualifying applicants are considered.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE ALL OF THE REQUIRED AND APPLICABLE DOCUMENTS MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING DISQUALIFIED
ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY: Military regulations require that you obtain a special request authorization form (NAVPERS 1336/3) prior to being accepted for outside employment. If employment is offered, you cannot begin work until this chit is supplied to the NAF Personnel Office.