- Announcement Number:
- Community Recreation
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Open Continuously
NON APPROPRIATED FUNDS
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER #19-005
LOCATION OF POSITION: Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Department, Blue Angel Park, NAS Pensacola, FL
OPENING DATE: 01/11/19
CLOSING DATE: Open Continuous
POSITION: Custodial Worker/NA-3566-02
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Flexible (May be scheduled to work up to 40 hours weekly. Will be required to work weekends and holidays. No group benefits included)
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Applications will be accepted from all sources.
DUTIES: Ensures security of all guests is maintained at all times. Ensures guest privacy is maintained at all times. Must possess a welcoming manner and positive attitude; demonstrate effective communication skills. Professionally interact with guests; answering guest questions concerning hotel facilities; provide information about local attractions. Provide assistance in handling customer complaints, involving management as necessary. Performs housekeeping duties as required, which includes, but is not limited to: dusting/polishing furniture; trash removal; vacuuming and/or sweeping floors; cleaning/sanitizing bathrooms and kitchen areas (to include all sinks, showers, tubs, toilers, floors, microwaves, refrigerators, ovens, cooktops, counters, cupboards); making beds and removing/changing bedding; restocking amenities, bed and bath linens, and other guest room supplies; checking condition of room assets and reporting problems to supervisor or designated representative; and responding to guest requests and communications. Changes bed linen at least weekly, in response to guest requests, and upon checkout. Upon checkout, completes all daily cleaning duties; removes and/or replaces all bed linens, bath linens, and waste basket liners; and ensures room is ready for occupancy by a new guest. Counts and sorts linen removed from individual rooms, along with clean linen issued during assigned shift. Prepares linen in/out report daily and gives it to supervisor, ensuring any missing linen is reported. Completes room status report providing status of all assigned rooms (vacant, ready, checkout, occupied) and turns in report at end of each day. Promptly informs supervisor of missing, malfunctioning or damaged items in rooms and/or common areas so the items can be repaired. Also notifies supervisor of any valuables (e.g. large amounts of cash or jewelry) left out in the open by guests before cleaning the room. Performs deep cleaning as required. Deep cleaning may include defrosting the refrigerator cleaning windows (inside and out), replacing and/or cleaning drapes, moving furniture and cleaning normally hidden areas, carpet cleaning (shampoo and/or spot treatment), cleaning walls/woodwork, and other such tasks. Performs other related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This position is required to do considerable standing, bending, walking, pushing, pulling and climbing. Must have the ability to perform moderately strenuous physical labor as unassisted lifting, moving and carrying of supplies and equipment weighing up to 45 pounds is required. Assisted lifting, moving and carrying in excess of 45 pounds may be required. May be required to climb/descend stairs and properly placed stepladders. Work is primarily performed indoors in areas that normally have adequate heat, light, and ventilation. Some facilities will require exposure to outdoors, as access to some rooms is from the outside, resulting in exposure to weather conditions. The incumbent may be exposed to dirt, disagreeable odors, and skin/eye irritants from strong cleaning solutions used in household cleaners. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to apply general knowledge of the cleaning procedures and proper use of cleaning equipment and approved, commonly used chemicals (including MSDS) and adherence to basic safety policies is required. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English both verbally and in writing with management, staff and guests.
NOTE: As a condition of employment, selectee(s) will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer within the first 30 days of employment. This is the DOD standard method of payment of personnel. Employees will be subject to administrative action for failure to enroll unless a waiver has been obtained.
The Department of the Navy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factor. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, contact the NAF Personnel Office that is collecting applications. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case by case basis.
TO SUBMIT BY MAIL : MWR NAF Personnel Office,
150 Hase Rd. Bldg. 3249,
NAS Pensacola, FL 32508 OR…
FAX: (850) 452-3592 (DSN) 459-3592 OR… EMAIL: NASP_NAFPers@NAVY.MIL
(1) Submit a resume to NASP_NAFPers@navy.mil. The position title and number of this vacancy announcement should be shown at the top of the resume.
(2) Present/former NAF employees submit a copy of your last two annual appraisals.
(3) College transcripts required if education is to be substituted for experience.
IT IS AGAINST FEDERAL REGULATIONS TO MAIL APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT IN OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT POSTAGE-PAID ENVELOPES.
1. Re-employment Priority List (RPL): Qualifying separated employees shall have priority placement in the NAF activity from which they were separated as a result of a Business Based Action (BBA), when the position has substantially the same duties as the position from which they were separated and it is not a higher grade or employment category, provided the position is not being filled by an internal candidate.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit a copy of your BBA Separation
- Notification indicating eligibility for RPL.
2. Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Qualifying spouses eligible for MSP are spouses of an active duty military member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The marriage must have occurred before the military member received official permanent change of station (PCS) orders to the installation listed above. MSP is applicable only when applying for NAF positions at the NF-03 and below and equivalent craft and trade (CT) positions.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit sponsor’s PCS orders to installation you are applying for; AND
- If you are not indicated as a spouse on the PCS orders, you MUST submit proof of marriage prior to PCS.
3. Veteran’s Preference/Gold Star Veteran's Preference: Qualifying military veterans, and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified. Preference applicable for positions open to external candidates.
To claim Veteran's preference, you MUST:
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 copy); AND
- Submit completed SF15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc)
To claim Gold Star Veteran's preference, you MUST:
- Submit completed SF-15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
- Submit a legible copy of DD-1300; AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc).
Qualifying applicants with preferences are considered in the order listed above. Then all other qualifying applicants are considered.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE ALL OF THE REQUIRED AND APPLICABLE DOCUMENTS MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING DISQUALIFIED
ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY: Military regulations require that you obtain a special request authorization form (NAVPERS 1336/3) prior to being accepted for outside employment. If employment is offered, you cannot begin work until this chit is supplied to the NAF Personnel Office.