- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Open Continuously
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER #19-015
LOCATION OF POSITION: Navy Gateway Inns & Suites, NAS Pensacola, FL
OPENING DATE: 01/11/19
CLOSING DATE: Open Continuous
POSITION: Custodial Worker (Janitor)/NA-3566-02
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Flexible (May be scheduled to work up to 40 hours weekly. May be required to work weekends, holidays, and evening shifts. No group benefits included)
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Applications will be accepted from all sources.
DUTIES: Performs janitorial services in transient quarters, and common use areas of permanent party quarters. Work requires primarily physical efforts and abilities that involve little or no specialized skill. Performs custodial duties as required inside and outside buildings to include trash/garbage removal, sweeping, mopping, washing walls, windows, trimming hedges and bushes, and minor ground maintenance. Loads/unloads relocates heavy or bulky items such as furniture, supplies, linen using dollies, hand trucks or by hand. Operates limited power equipment such as vacuum cleaner, pressure washer, buffer, carpet cleaner, leaf blower, and hedge trimmer. Collects and separates linen, counts and bags linen for pick-up by commercial vendor. Receives and stores clean linen and issues linen to housekeepers daily. Stock linen and supplies closets. Assists Building Leader in completing quarterly inventories. Clean all lobbies, passageways, laundry rooms, public restrooms, and any other common use areas in and around buildings. Perform other custodial tasks which are not of sufficient importance or duration to be included as a regular part of other specified jobs. Duties and tasks are assigned to meet the needs or requirements for carrying out the mission of the facility. Performs other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: Considerable standing, bending, walking, pushing, pulling and climbing. Moderately physical effort unassisted lifting, moving and carrying of supplies and equipment weighing up to 30lbs. May be required to climb/descent stairs and properly placed stepladders. Indoor work normally performed in areas that have adequate heat, light and ventilation. Exposed to dirt, disagreeable odors, and to minor injuries. Personal protective equipment is provided. Outside work is performed under all kinds of weather conditions.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be thoroughly familiar with Janitorial/Custodial procedures in maintaining common use areas in a clean and sanitized condition. Must be able to operate various types of cleaning equipment and/or machines, and to read and comply with strict detailed instructions on safety and use of cleaning products/machines. Able to use hand tools and equipment such as rakes, hoes, hand trucks and have the ability to work safely while moving lightweight objects. Must meet the requirements for local and National Agency Check (NAC). Enrollment in Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund transfer of your pay check is mandatory and is a condition of employment.
NOTE: As a condition of employment, selectee(s) will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer within the first 30 days of employment. This is the DOD standard method of payment of personnel. Employees will be subject to administrative action for failure to enroll unless a waiver has been obtained.
The Department of the Navy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factor. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, contact the NAF Personnel Office that is collecting applications. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case by case basis.
TO SUBMIT BY MAIL : MWR NAF Personnel Office,
150 Hase Rd. Bldg. 3249,
NAS Pensacola, FL 32508 OR…
FAX: (850) 452-3592 (DSN) 459-3592 OR… EMAIL: NASP_NAFPers@NAVY.MIL
(1) Submit a resume to NASP_NAFPers@navy.mil. The position title and number of this vacancy announcement should be shown at the top of the resume.
(2) Present/former NAF employees submit a copy of your last two annual appraisals.
(3) College transcripts required if education is to be substituted for experience.
IT IS AGAINST FEDERAL REGULATIONS TO MAIL APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT IN OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT POSTAGE-PAID ENVELOPES.
1. Re-employment Priority List (RPL): Qualifying separated employees shall have priority placement in the NAF activity from which they were separated as a result of a Business Based Action (BBA), when the position has substantially the same duties as the position from which they were separated and it is not a higher grade or employment category, provided the position is not being filled by an internal candidate.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit a copy of your BBA Separation
- Notification indicating eligibility for RPL.
2. Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Qualifying spouses eligible for MSP are spouses of an active duty military member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The marriage must have occurred before the military member received official permanent change of station (PCS) orders to the installation listed above. MSP is applicable only when applying for NAF positions at the NF-03 and below and equivalent craft and trade (CT) positions.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit sponsor’s PCS orders to installation you are applying for; AND
- If you are not indicated as a spouse on the PCS orders, you MUST submit proof of marriage prior to PCS.
3. Veteran’s Preference/Gold Star Veteran's Preference: Qualifying military veterans, and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified. Preference applicable for positions open to external candidates.
To claim Veteran's preference, you MUST:
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 copy); AND
- Submit completed SF15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc)
To claim Gold Star Veteran's preference, you MUST:
- Submit completed SF-15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
- Submit a legible copy of DD-1300; AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc).
Qualifying applicants with preferences are considered in the order listed above. Then all other qualifying applicants are considered.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE ALL OF THE REQUIRED AND APPLICABLE DOCUMENTS MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING DISQUALIFIED
ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY: Military regulations require that you obtain a special request authorization form (NAVPERS 1336/3) prior to being accepted for outside employment. If employment is offered, you cannot begin work until this chit is supplied to the NAF Personnel Office.