- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Open Continuously
NON APPROPRIATED FUNDS
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER #18-006
LOCATION OF POSITION: Morale Welfare and Recreation Department (MWR), Aquatics Division, NAS Pensacola, Florida.
OPENING DATE: 01/12/18
CLOSING DATE: Open Continuous
POSITION: Recreation Assistant (Lifeguard)/NF-0189-02
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Flexible-(Seasonal appointment. May be scheduled to work up to 40 hours weekly. Maybe required to work weekends, holidays, and evenings. Not eligible for group benefits.)
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Applications will be accepted from all sources.
DUTIES: The primary purpose of this position is to act as pool/beach lifeguard, and support all Aquatic programming. Ensure that all water safety rules are observed by swimmers, utilizing a good knowledge of all aspects of water safety. Perform rescue work and when necessary renders emergency first aid until such time as a qualified doctor is present. Complete appropriate accident reports. Ensure that all swimmers in the water are accounted for at all times. Perform necessary maintenance work require for sanitation, cleanliness, and neatness of the pool/beach areas. May perform work in the swimming program, which may include instruction in various swimming skills and basic diving for various age groups: beginner through swimmer. Work under the general supervision of the Aquatic Specialist. Normally, work is performed independently without close supervision. However, assistance is available in unusual situations or when difficult problems arise. Perform other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed indoors or outdoors under favorable weather conditions. May be exposed to sunburn and eye irritation due to chlorinated water. Physical exertion averages twenty-four pounds with periods of strenuous physical exertion. Require long periods of standing, sitting, walking, bending and patrolling of assigned area.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must be at least 16 years of age. Be currently certified and possess a certificate in both Lifeguard Training and CPR-PR from an approved organization. A current Water Safety Instructor certification is desirable. Also required to pass the Recreation facilities written and swim test. Must be a mature individual who can exercise control over large groups of people. Must present a neat, clean and presentable appearance. Applicant must complete requirement for local/state/national background check investigations (including finger prints). A valid drivers license is required. Education may be verified and personal references and previous employers will be contacted in regard to background investigations.
NOTE: As a condition of employment, selectee(s) will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer within the first 30 days of employment. This is the DOD standard method of payment of personnel. Employees will be subject to administrative action for failure to enroll unless a waiver has been obtained.
The Department of the Navy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factor. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, contact the NAF Personnel Office that is collecting applications. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case by case basis.
TO SUBMIT BY MAIL : MWR NAF Personnel Office,
150 Hase Rd. Bldg. 3249,
NAS Pensacola, FL 32508 OR…
FAX: (850) 452-3592 (DSN) 459-3592 OR… EMAIL: NASP_NAFPers@NAVY.MIL
(1) Submit a resume to NASP_NAFPers@navy.mil . The position title and number of this vacancy announcement should be shown at the top of the resume.
(2) Present/former NAF employees submit a copy of your last two annual appraisals.
(3) College transcripts required if education is to be substituted for experience.
IT IS AGAINST FEDERAL REGULATIONS TO MAIL APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT IN OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT POSTAGE-PAID ENVELOPES.
1. Re-employment Priority List (RPL): Qualifying separated employees shall have priority placement in the NAF activity from which they were separated as a result of a Business Based Action (BBA), when the position has substantially the same duties as the position from which they were separated and it is not a higher grade or employment category, provided the position is not being filled by an internal candidate.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit a copy of your BBA Separation
- Notification indicating eligibility for RPL.
2. Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Qualifying spouses eligible for MSP are spouses of an active duty military member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The marriage must have occurred before the military member received official permanent change of station (PCS) orders to the installation listed above. MSP is applicable only when applying for NAF positions at the NF-03 and below and equivalent craft and trade (CT) positions.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit sponsor’s PCS orders to installation you are applying for; AND
- If you are not indicated as a spouse on the PCS orders, you MUST submit proof of marriage prior to PCS.
3. Veteran’s Preference/Gold Star Veteran's Preference: Qualifying military veterans, and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified. Preference applicable for positions open to external candidates.
To claim Veteran's preference, you MUST:
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 copy); AND
- Submit completed SF15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc)
To claim Gold Star Veteran's preference, you MUST:
- Submit completed SF-15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
- Submit a legible copy of DD-1300; AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc).
Qualifying applicants with preferences are considered in the order listed above. Then all other qualifying applicants are considered.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE ALL OF THE REQUIRED AND APPLICABLE DOCUMENTS MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING DISQUALIFIED
ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY: Military regulations require that you obtain a special request authorization form (NAVPERS 1336/3) prior to being accepted for outside employment. If employment is offered, you cannot begin work until this chit is supplied to the NAF Personnel Office.