Child Development Center
- Child Care information for active military and DOD civilian families.
- Child enrollment waiting list for all child and youth programs
- Consultations by phone or in person to help parents identify childcare needs, evaluate options and choose quality, affordable childcare.
- Current list of child care providers in the Pensacola region offering a variety of child care services, including full-time, part-time, drop-in, weekends, overnight, before/after school and special needs care.
- Fast, convenient service by phone, fax, mail, e-mail and in person. Just provide the following information: age of child(ren), city, and/or number or mailing address for us to send you a printout of child care providers to fit your personal requirements.
Assistance getting on waiting list at next command
BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
Located at NASP Youth Center Monday thorugh Friday from 6 am to 6 pm. All Children kindergarten to 12 years of age are welcome to attend. The program is affiliated with Boy's & Girl's Club of America and 4-H Clubs. Kids will be able to:
- Build Character and Leadership Skills
- Create Art
- Participate in Fitness activities
- Use and Learn about different types of technology
- Recive help with homework
Space is availabe daily or by drop in status and fees are based on total family income
TYPES OF CHILD CARE SETTINGS:
Child Care Centers - A center- based program allows opportunities for your child to socialize with other children his/her age in a setting designed for your children. Some day care centers offer services such as transportation and specialized instruction. All centers have fixed hours, and fees are determined by total family income. The National Association for the Education of Young Child (NAEYC) accredits all of the Navy on-base centers in the region.
Child Development Homes - Child Development Homes are settings in which caregivers care for children in their own homes. Only homes licensed and registered with the state of Florida or through the Navy's Child Development Home Program are listed in the child placement list. This type arrangement offers a home-like, natural environment and more flexibility in the hours of operation to accommodate your work schedule. Some homes even provide care evenings and on weekends.
Finding Child Care:
To apply for the military child care waiting list visit militarychildcare.com.
If you can not find care withing our CYP, check out childcareaware.org to find local care providers. If you are registered on a waitlist with Military Child Care, you may have child care costs offset if they are more than Navy CYP fees. Please contact your CDC for more information.