- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Open Continuously
NON APPROPRIATED FUNDS
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER #19-002
LOCATION OF POSITION: Morale Welfare Recreation (MWR) Department, Corry Bowling Center, Corry Station Pensacola, FL
OPENING DATE: 01/11/19
CLOSING DATE: Open Continuous
POSITION: Food Service Worker/NA-7408-03
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Flexible (May be scheduled to work up to 40 hours weekly. May be required to work weekends, holidays, and evening/rotating shifts. Group benefits not included.)
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Applications will be accepted from all sources.
DUTIES: Performs various tasks involved in the preparation of simple foods, serving/cooking foods, maintaining cooking equipment and areas are clean orderly condition. Prepares hot and cold sandwiches, and various other short order foods; slices meats, cheeses, and breads; prepares assorted alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Serves customers at counter; receives orders and serves food/beverages. As required, sets up serving counters by sorting and stacking such items as dishes and glasses, arranges silverware; arranges desserts, cold beverages, etc.; stocks condiment stands, and hot and cold drink dispensers. Removes soiled dishes from tables, washes and sterilizes flatware, glassware, dishes and cooking utensils by hand or machine, as required. Keeps counter and other equipment/appliances clean and sanitary. Operates cash register; computes charges, collects and accounts for cash. May requisition food items and receive merchandise, as required. Assists in taking inventory. May open and close the snack bar.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work area is usually warm, uncomfortable and noisy. Incumbent is exposed to steam, fumes and odors, and to heat and cold due to refrigerators, freezers, oven, grills, etc. The danger exists of falling on floors that are wet and/or where food has been spilled; of receiving burns from steam, hot water or hot food; and of being cut by knives, slicers, etc. Incumbent is required to life and move objects weighing up to 30 pounds and may occasionally lift objects weight up to 50 pounds with assistance. The job requires constant standing and walking.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have ability to follow recipes and combine ingredients to prepare a variety of sandwiches; must have ability to make coffee, tea, etc.; ability to use variety of kitchen equipment, and determine serving portions. Employee must know steps needed to complete work and have ability to follow specific oral/or written instructions regarding new assignments; must be able to use judgment regarding standards of sanitation, timing and courtesy in serving patrons. Must be able to compute charges and use cash register.
NOTE: As a condition of employment, selectee(s) will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer within the first 30 days of employment. This is the DOD standard method of payment of personnel. Employees will be subject to administrative action for failure to enroll unless a waiver has been obtained.
The Department of the Navy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factor. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, contact the NAF Personnel Office that is collecting applications. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case by case basis.
TO SUBMIT BY MAIL : MWR NAF Personnel Office,
150 Hase Rd. Bldg. 3249,
NAS Pensacola, FL 32508 OR…
FAX: (850) 452-3592 (DSN) 459-3592 OR… EMAIL: NASP_NAFPers@NAVY.MIL
(1) Submit a resume to NASP_NAFPers@navy.mil. The position title and number of this vacancy announcement should be shown at the top of the resume.
(2) Present/former NAF employees submit a copy of your last two annual appraisals.
(3) College transcripts required if education is to be substituted for experience.
IT IS AGAINST FEDERAL REGULATIONS TO MAIL APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT IN OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT POSTAGE-PAID ENVELOPES.
1. Re-employment Priority List (RPL): Qualifying separated employees shall have priority placement in the NAF activity from which they were separated as a result of a Business Based Action (BBA), when the position has substantially the same duties as the position from which they were separated and it is not a higher grade or employment category, provided the position is not being filled by an internal candidate.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit a copy of your BBA Separation
- Notification indicating eligibility for RPL.
2. Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Qualifying spouses eligible for MSP are spouses of an active duty military member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The marriage must have occurred before the military member received official permanent change of station (PCS) orders to the installation listed above. MSP is applicable only when applying for NAF positions at the NF-03 and below and equivalent craft and trade (CT) positions.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit sponsor’s PCS orders to installation you are applying for; AND
- If you are not indicated as a spouse on the PCS orders, you MUST submit proof of marriage prior to PCS.
3. Veteran’s Preference/Gold Star Veteran's Preference: Qualifying military veterans, and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified. Preference applicable for positions open to external candidates.
To claim Veteran's preference, you MUST:
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 copy); AND
- Submit completed SF15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc)
To claim Gold Star Veteran's preference, you MUST:
- Submit completed SF-15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
- Submit a legible copy of DD-1300; AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc).
Qualifying applicants with preferences are considered in the order listed above. Then all other qualifying applicants are considered.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE ALL OF THE REQUIRED AND APPLICABLE DOCUMENTS MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING DISQUALIFIED
ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY: Military regulations require that you obtain a special request authorization form (NAVPERS 1336/3) prior to being accepted for outside employment. If employment is offered, you cannot begin work until this chit is supplied to the NAF Personnel Office.