- Announcement Number:
- Food and Beverage
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Open Continuously
NON APPROPRIATED FUNDS
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER #19-061
LOCATION OF POSITION: Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Department, Mustin Beach Club, NAS Pensacola, FL.
OPENING DATE: 04/05/19
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
POSITION: Bar Assistant/NA-7405-01
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Flexible (May be scheduled to work 40 hours weekly. May be required to work weekends, holidays, and evening/rotating shifts. Group benefits not included.)
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Applications will be accepted from all sources.
DUTIES: Sets up full service, limited service, and special party or banquet bars with the necessary supplies such as beverages, mixes, condiments, ice, and a variety of liquors and liqueurs, prior to opening the bar. Continually checks the cleanliness of the bar, its equipment and the bar area, and resupplies as needed or as directed by the bartender. Disposes of waste materials. Unloads and stacks all necessary supplies, cleans and replaces pressurized containers. Performs other related duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORKING CONDITIONS: Work requires frequent light to moderate lifting and carrying of objects weighing 5 to 15 lbs. and pushing and pulling objects weighing 10 to 20 lbs. Occasionally required to lift up to and over 40 lbs. Heavier objects such as beer kegs are usually transported with the aid of a dolly. Work is normally performed inside with adequate light, heat and fresh air. May be exposed to the possibility of chapped hands, bruises, and cuts.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to visually recognize shortages of supplies at the bar such as beverages, beer, condiments, garnishes, glasses, napkins, and utensils, and to replace them as needed. Skill to use knives and automatic slicers in the preparation of garnishes such as oranges, limes, and lemons. Ability to mix and serve simple drinks under close technical guidance of a Bartender. Receives specific instructions concerning completion of assignments and makes simple decisions such as the type and amount of bar supplies needed from the storage room. With unusual assignments, the supervisor frequently checks the work, whereas repetitive assignments are completed with minimal supervision
NOTE: As a condition of employment, selectee(s) will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer within the first 30 days of employment. This is the DOD standard method of payment of personnel. Employees will be subject to administrative action for failure to enroll unless a waiver has been obtained.
The Department of the Navy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factor. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, contact the NAF Personnel Office that is collecting applications. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case by case basis.
TO SUBMIT BY MAIL : MWR NAF Personnel Office,
150 Hase Rd. Bldg. 3249,
NAS Pensacola, FL 32508 OR…
FAX: (850) 452-3592 (DSN) 459-3592 OR… EMAIL: NASP_NAFPers@NAVY.MIL
(1) Submit a resume to NASP_NAFPers@navy.mil . The position title and number of this vacancy announcement should be shown at the top of the resume.
(2) Present/former NAF employees submit a copy of your last two annual appraisals.
(3) College transcripts required if education is to be substituted for experience.
IT IS AGAINST FEDERAL REGULATIONS TO MAIL APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT IN OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT POSTAGE-PAID ENVELOPES.
1. Re-employment Priority List (RPL): Qualifying separated employees shall have priority placement in the NAF activity from which they were separated as a result of a Business Based Action (BBA), when the position has substantially the same duties as the position from which they were separated and it is not a higher grade or employment category, provided the position is not being filled by an internal candidate.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit a copy of your BBA Separation
- Notification indicating eligibility for RPL.
2. Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Qualifying spouses eligible for MSP are spouses of an active duty military member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The marriage must have occurred before the military member received official permanent change of station (PCS) orders to the installation listed above. MSP is applicable only when applying for NAF positions at the NF-03 and below and equivalent craft and trade (CT) positions.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit sponsor’s PCS orders to installation you are applying for; AND
- If you are not indicated as a spouse on the PCS orders, you MUST submit proof of marriage prior to PCS.
3. Veteran’s Preference/Gold Star Veteran's Preference: Qualifying military veterans, and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified. Preference applicable for positions open to external candidates.
To claim Veteran's preference, you MUST:
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 copy); AND
- Submit completed SF15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc)
To claim Gold Star Veteran's preference, you MUST:
- Submit completed SF-15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
- Submit a legible copy of DD-1300; AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc).
Qualifying applicants with preferences are considered in the order listed above. Then all other qualifying applicants are considered.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE ALL OF THE REQUIRED AND APPLICABLE DOCUMENTS MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING DISQUALIFIED
ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY: Military regulations require that you obtain a special request authorization form (NAVPERS 1336/3) prior to being accepted for outside employment. If employment is offered, you cannot begin work until this chit is supplied to the NAF Personnel Office.